Tuesday 25 November 2014

It's been unbelievable four years...

The idea of starting this blog was in my mind for a long time. Didn't know where to start and how. But now just a couple of weeks before Avani turns four, I thought this is the time to share some unbelievable moments of our journey! 'OUR' - particularly mine and Avani's. My beautiful daughter on Autism Spectrum Disorder and the one human being who is single handedly teaching me nuances of motherhood :) ...rather human kind!

Avu is gonna be four on December 11th. The last one year has been particularly important for us in achieving some milestones that we have been waiting for a long long time. Three months back she acquired imitation skills. First action and within two weeks started imitating meaningful words. A couple of weeks later mumma...mummy..mai..became more relevant.

More on these newly acquired skills and progress since birth a lil later but first lemme introduce you to my baby - Avani.

Avu is a naughty, happy, energetic (sometimes hyperactive), beautiful baby. She smiles often (sometimes when she laughs heartily, even if its for no reason, you feel like looking at her face non-stop and chanting touch wood touch wood touch wood a billion times), she hugs and kisses me often (but why she touches my ears all the time, and kisses them is beyond my understanding), she sings too (although her words and tunes are all original), her favourite pass time activity is to kiss her toys and throw them! (how original is that!...kissing them before hurting) and of course these days her mission is to explore each and every corner of the house (whts in that drawer in kitchen, lemme check the top most shelf, how does the toilet commode work, how about opening the fridge, where has mumma kept my favorite chocolate or that snack that I love to eat etc etc...)

And who am I? Well, these days its difficult to find me sans Avani. Her grandmother calls her my tail! She follows me wherever I go. A lot of times because she wants to and sometimes because I don't give her a choice. Avani and I are almost always together. Going to school, going to therapy sessions, going to park, going to market, going to nani's house...wherever and whatever...I dont know if its a coincidence or a fact but lately I have been commented or rather complimented quite often that Avu is a complete xerox of me. Not just relatives or friends but even pure strangers have walked up to me to tell the same :) I feel proud and blush coz I know Avu is a beauty!

So I am basically a mother, a working mother, a hard working mother, and sometimes a sulking mother, a complaining mother, an irritated mother...but most definitely a special mother to a special child.



3 comments:

  1. We shared your story! :) https://www.facebook.com/ASDHouston/posts/459221760883257

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely... beautifully written. ..lots of love...soni

    ReplyDelete