Tuesday 24 October 2017

One worry less, but two more added...

I dream, I've just delivered baby no. 2 and my first question to the doctor - How does the baby's nose look!?! Tell me the gender later, but first the nose please!

And am sure, this is exactly how it’s going to be. 

The reports of my amniocentesis and Microarray came back absolutely ‘normal’. So chromosomal abnormalities are ruled out. Thank God! We are told to relax and proceed further with no stress. Come back for a growth scan at 28 weeks now. Which we duly take appointment for. So its a Friday afternoon, and the doctor starts the scan. We are anxious about the Nasal Bone and it’s still NOT seen. Ok... now the doctor is almost mumbling to herself “what’s with the right hand”... “that’s quite an awkward position”... She shakes my tummy and the hand stays the same way. She abruptly tells me to take a walk and come back after eating something sweet.

Husband and I are sitting in a cafe in hospital. Over a cup of coffee and a big chocolate pastry, am telling him, I think the doctor suspects something in the right arm too. He diverts my attention to coffee and we are back for a repeat scan. 

Yet again, the right hand is in same position as about half an hour back and nothing seems to help in tracking any movement in it. 

By now we are sure that something is amiss. The doctor insists on a third try and now am told to have some juice, take a long walk, go to the loo... basically do something to shake the baby and help him/her change the position. Half an hour later... we still have the same challenge. Absent nasal bone combined with no movement in the right arm. The doctor, I think is more nervous than me at this point and refuses to give me the scan report. We decide on another try the next morning and its heavily raining as we step out of hospital. I think that heavy grey sky and our struggle to get to metro to reach home helped us ignore our fears till its bed time. 

That Friday night will go down as another horrible/uncertain night in this pregnancy. 

4 comments:

  1. fingers crossed, Preeti...am praying for you. from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers with whole heart my dear .. every thing will be fine . It takes lots of courage to write this . Be strong stay strong . 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the faith... it’s a tough situation, but you’re made of tougher material preets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying darling praying 🙏🏻🙏🏻 You are an inspiration Nanandji 😘😘

    ReplyDelete